[Wien] Large cell instgen_lapw : word too long

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Nov 3 13:31:15 CET 2017

Yes, you can run mpi on your single PC.  If I remember correctly, lapw1
(and maybe also lapw2) is usually slower than lapw0 , so you will want
to run them in parallel.

However, several PC on a GB-network might run calculations faster than
your single PC as was mentioned before [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09334.html
].

If you can find a company, university, or research center to collaborate
with that has an Infiniband based cluster, that should be even better.