[Wien] O2 molecule continue (rmt issue)

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 13 11:50:12 CET 2017

You must modify your O2 struct file.

Make the 2 oxygens "equivalent", i.e. you should have only ONE
non-equivalent atomic site (NAT=1), but MULT=2 for the 2 oxygens.

This will produce inversion symmetry and all calculations will take less
time and memory !!!

--------------------

And yes: at the end you must check E-to for your compound (eg. BaO) at
the E-minimum (after Volume optimization) with an extra calculation
where you put the small O-spheres.

And you must use "equivalent RKmax" values for different compounds
(always corresponding to the smallest spheres: Eg. BaO with RMT 2.2 and
O 1.1 for Ba and O, respectively, use RKmax=6. When you do the metallic
Ba, use identical RMT, but RKmax= 6/1.1*2.2=12 !!!!

I'm preparing a faq page on this topic, which should come up on
www.wien2k.at in a few hours.