[Wien] Optical properties with SO coupling

lokanath patra lokanath.patra007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 21:04:31 CEST 2017

Dear Wien2K experts,

I am trying to calculate the optical properties of Ni with SO coupling. I
have prepared my case.inop file which looks like

99999 1       number of k-points, first k-point
-5.0 3.0 9999 Emin, Emax for matrix elements, NBvalMAX
3             number of choices (columns in *outmat): 2: hex or tetrag. case
1             Re xx
3             Re zz
7             Im xy
OFF           ON/OFF   writes MME to unit 4

Then I proceeded with x opticc -so -up and got the three components i.e. Re
xx, Re zz and Im xy in case.symmatup file.

>From here, how should I proceed with the calculations so that I can get all
these components in the case.absorpup file after x kram -up ?

As I want to proceed with MOKE calculations, I want the xy components also.
Please help me.

Best regards,

Lokanath

--