[Wien] COOP

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Oct 10 00:08:08 CEST 2017

You may want to contact Prof. Dronskowski's group and ask if they are
doing any development of the COHP/COOP LOBSTER program for WIEN2k.  As
it says "Other codes may follow…" on their website:

http://schmeling.ac.rwth-aachen.de/cohp/

If you are good at programming, you may want to ask them what VASP files
are needed as input to their LOBSTER program.

If it doesn't require much data as input, maybe you can write your own
program to extract any needed information from the WIEN2k files and
write out the VASP files that LOBSTER needs or search the internet to
see if you can find any conversion tools/programs/scripts that can help
with that.

VESTA [ http://jp-minerals.org/vesta/en/ ] should be able to convert the
WIEN2k case.struct file to the VASP POSCAR (or case.vasp).

Attached is my wien2chgcar script.  It is not well tested.  So use it
cautiously.

In a terminal, this perl script is ran with:

wien2chgcar case.vasp case.rho3d >> CHGCAR

The script needs two files as input:

1. case.vasp: This is from the case.struct conversion using VESTA
2. case.rho3d: This is the file created by the wien2venus.py script [
http://www.nims.go.jp/cmsc/staff/arai/wien/venus.html ]

The script outputs a VASP file: CHGCAR

The script was made to create the CHGCAR file just with the data needed
as input for chgfilt, which converts CHGCAR to an OpenDx readable format
[ https://hp.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/group_magno/sokatov/vasp.php ].

To help create wien2chgcar, I think I found the CHGCAR file format on
the internet:

https://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp/vasp/CHGCAR_file.html
https://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12631

If you need a description of the EIGENVAL file format for writing a
code, it looks like it is described in the following VASP forum thread:

https://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=7