[Wien] What are the specific reasons for 'LAPW2 crashed' or 'LAPWSO crashed'?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 12 16:40:38 CEST 2017

In particular, when it is a "system" problem" (out of memory, out of
time, no disk space, ....) it cannot be trapped in regular wien2k files.

Therefore: of course, you cannot just check the dayfile !!

There is a STDOUT (either your console or in a batch job it is
redirected to some other file, its name only YOU can find out .....

Then there are *error files, and if it is a trapped error, it will give
you some hints there.

And finally you should look at the *outputXX file

Regards