[Wien] updated email for -SP+SO case

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Oct 22 00:29:17 CEST 2017

1. Another user had to calculate plasma frequency for a half metallic [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07695.html
].  So it is likely that you need to do it to.

2. Yes, you must recompile the optic package after replacing joint.f
because it is a Fortran source code file and not a script, .

3. Sorry, I don't know.

Instead of plotting the spin up/dn band structure next to the DOS

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/257076112_fig8_FIG-8-Total-DOS-and-Band-Structure-of-Co-2-TiSb-using-the-LSDAU

it may be that you need to plot the fat band structure and PDOS (partial
DOS) next to each other.

I don't know of WIEN2k program or script to do that.  So you would
likely have to plot it by hand in software like Origin [
http://www.originlab.com/ ].  Or if you're good a programming, maybe you
could make a script similar to what someone had did for VASP:

http://gvallver.perso.univ-pau.fr/?p=587

Spaghetti-primavera on the unsupported page [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/unsupported/ ] might be
helpful for creating the fat band (or band-character) plot.

COHP or COOP might also help with this:

http://schmeling.ac.rwth-aachen.de/cohp/index.php?menuID=2

Unfortunately, that is not currently implement for WIEN2k:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16542.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16543.html