[Wien] Querry in a resultant structure

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 27 15:51:08 CEST 2017

In my humble opinion YOU have to decide wether your structure looks like
what you want. I only can/will expand somewhat on my previous advice to
look at case.outputnn and to compare structures in xcrysden:

Since xcrysden is difficult about arrows, do this in colors: You have 4
purple marbles in your unit cell. There are 3 ways to replace two of
them by identical green marbles, depicted as AFM I - III in your figure.
So, to avoid the fuss of talking xcrysden into plotting arrows, take the
supercell generated .struct file and produce 3 different .struct files
by replacing two Ni with, say, Co. Look at these with xcrysden and
decide which is what. Rename all Ni-colored atoms Ni1, all Co-colored
atoms Ni2 (and perhaps make all S identical) and ask sgroup what it
thinks of the idea.

As for the mysterious downgrading from rhombohedral to monoclinic: Look
at your structures along the (1,1,1) direction. Is there a 3-fold
symmetry?

I hope this helps,

---
Dr. Martin Pieper