[Wien] negative eps-1 and very large value of eps-2

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sat Oct 28 10:17:47 CEST 2017

But you did not read it completely
==>      runsp -so         # spin-polarized + SO
includes lapw1 -dn, isn't it ?

what are youre values for n and k (see case.refraction)
what happens in the case k > n and what is its meaning ? Why and when does it appear in metals ?
how are the optical constants related to each other ?

How does eps_1 depend on the plasmon frequency w_p
(verify that approximately eps_1 = 1 - w_p^2 / (w^2 + gamma^2), gamma is the inverse relaxation time),
when does eps_1 become < 0 ?

By the way, the Kramer Kronig transformation includes an integral over frequencies  from zero to infinity
are your upper energies and energy windows large enough ? Are they the same in all inputs ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University