[Wien] Querry in a resultant structure

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Sun Oct 29 08:04:07 CET 2017

> 29.10.2017, 1:20 +04:00 from Gavin Abo <gsabo at crimson.ua.edu>:
> The problem I see with this is that WIEN2k only allows the up and dn to
> be defined in the +z direction and -z direction (or along c axis),
> respectively.

A small comment to the exhaustive answer of Gavin: as far as I understand, there are no dependence on direction in the equations of a usual sp calculation. So, the solution is the same for any direction of magnetic field, We say z only for convinience. Only when we switch on the spin-orbit interaction we obtain a dependence on the direction (relationship with crystal field), though imagnetisation is still collinear. WIENncm gives us a possibility to calculate noncollinear magnetism.

Best wishes
Lyudmila Dobysheva