[Wien] configuring static linking with siteconfig

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 30 16:21:55 CET 2017

I am going to beg to differ about dynamic versus static compiling. It is
convenient to have a version that can be ported to other clusters and only
need dynamic linking of the mpi fabric (i.e. impi or openmpi). Not every
cluster has up to date (or even working) scalapack!

The same holds for fftw...

It should not be hard to do something like add a "ifndef $SCALAPACK" to the
Makefiles, for version 17.2 (or 18.1).

(The user is right, except when she is wrong.)

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi