[Wien] Error in WIENNCM running in parallel mode

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Sep 8 10:03:16 CEST 2017

Sorry, I currently don't know the answer to your question.  Maybe
someone else does.

I don't know what version of WIEN2k that the WIENncm was branched and
then modified from or what the last WIEN2k version it was kept up to
date with.

The WIENncm page [ http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/ncm/ ]
shows the publication to cite being in 2004.  So it could be using code
as old or older then the latest WIEN2k version that existed in 2004.
Though, the WIENNCM/DOC/ncmdoc.pdf file is dated 2006.  So it may
contain WIEN2k code as new as 2006.

Therefore, the WIENncm code might suffer from the same WIEN2k bugs found
since 2006:

http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/

Perhaps the problem is caused by a possible bug in the lapw1cpara script
similar to what was reported for the lapw1para script in the 2009 post at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg01365.html

Maybe you could try the proposed fix to see if it resolves the problem
or not, which I think was given in the post at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg01385.html

You could also give the lapw1cpara script from WIEN2k 17.1 a try, but it
might be that it has new changes making it not compatible with WIENncm.