[Wien] problem when running berrypi

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Sep 9 16:56:17 CEST 2017

In WIEN2k_14/SRC_BerryPI/BerryPI/Installation/readme.org, there should be:

* Dependencies
   - WIEN2k (tested against 13.1 Release 25 June 2013) <- wien2k14
instead of 13.1 should be okay here
   - WIEN2WANNIER (tested against v1.0-beta2)
   - Python (tested against 2.7.4)
   - NumPy (tested against 1.6.2)

As the readme.org file shows, yes, WIEN2WANNIER is needed for BerryPI.
I believe WIEN2WANNIER should already be compiled from when you
installed WIEN2k_14.  If not, you should be able to compile the program
in WIEN2k_14/SRC_w2w.

Though, if it were me doing a BerryPI calculation, I would use WIEN2k
17.1 as Oleg mentioned.  That is because 17.1 is an important update
that removed bugs from WIEN2k that were found in the older versions [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/ ].

The WIEN2WANNIER has also evolved as mentioned by Oleg.  However, the
WIEN2WANNIER and BerryPI packages included in WIEN2k 17.1 might still be
older versions that are slightly broken and incompatible with each other
[
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16099.html
].

So I would replace the WIEN2WANNIER and BerryPI packages in WIEN2k 17.1
or use instead the latest github versions:

https://github.com/wien2wannier/wien2wannier
https://github.com/spichardo/BerryPI

It doesn't look like the Dependencies on the BerryPI Installation page [
https://github.com/spichardo/BerryPI/wiki/Installation ] have been
update yet for WIEN2k 17.1.

I believe for BerryPI 1.3.4 (Jul 15, 2017) [
https://github.com/spichardo/BerryPI/blob/master/version.info ], they
may now be:

* Dependencies
   - WIEN2k (17.1 Release 4 July 2017 [