[Wien] bash script to run initso_lapw for different M-axis

Víctor Luaña Cabal victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es
Tue Sep 19 14:40:57 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 07:57:36AM +0800, venkatesh chandragiri wrote:
> Dear Prof. Gavin,
>
> Thank you again for the script to create the input for initso_lapw  and it
> works fine now. However, the initso_lapw is asking to edit the following
> files.
>
> 1. case.inso
>
> 2. case.in1
>
> 3. case.outsymso
>
> 4. case.klist
>
> Hence, kindly let me know (paste the script lines) to avoid the editing of
> those above files and continue the initso_lapw in background itself.

If you are going to iniciate running a program or script ending thw task with & sends it to the background and you have another task at hand to continue editing, for instance. So

$ script -options file &

or

run_code -options input_file output_file &

or

run_code -options < input_file > output_file &

will send the run_code to the background.

If the script or program is already running you can use crtl-Z to
interrupt it and gain a new  shell (cshell or bash shell, for instance)
Using bg will send the interrumped process to background and fg to
the fore ground.  > > thank you and looking forward to your reply.
> > with best regards, > > venkatesh

Best regards,
             Víctor Luaña
--
    .  .    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing
   / `' \     what is right."