[Wien] Attachement missing : Wien2k in parallel mode_error

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Apr 21 22:13:17 CEST 2018

The size limit as I recall applies to the entire email which includes
text and attachments.  Usually, you can only send text to the list as
images are typically too large.

A solution to that can be to host the files somewhere else and provide a
link to it.  There used to be a lot of sites you could host files on for
free.  However, I think the ones that were good are no longer free or
you have to be careful of things like malware coming from them now.

For example, one user used Filesender:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16962.html

Google drive might also work if you have a Google account:
https://www.google.com/drive/

If you have a Faculty, student, or organizational web server, talk to
you Information Technology department as they might have a way for you
to host it on your own website.

For example, if you were a student at the University of Alabama, they
would go to the Information Technology department webpage and read the
"Web Site Hosting and Virtual Host Names" policy document at:

https://oit.ua.edu/about/policies/

Then, they would contact the Help Desk [
https://oit.ua.edu/service/it-service-desk/ ] to setup an student
website to host the files on.

The process to do this is usually quite similar at other organizations.