[Wien] Fwd: Wien2k in parallel mode_error.

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Apr 21 22:39:38 CEST 2018

It looks like the initialization finished okay in single mode as I see
"init_lapw finished ok" in the image.

The "PBS_NODEFILE: Undefined variable" indicates a problem with your
parallel setup or an Linux environment setup issue.

There might be a problem with how you setup your jobs file to create the
.machines file on the fly for mpi parallel.

If you are using w2web, there may be a problem with the script file that
you have used.

On some systems, there may be a statement that you have to add to your
job script so that the environment variables are propagated [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15985.html
].

Clusters for mpi calculations are specialized (i.e., have unique
hardware and software).  So it is best to talk to your local Information
Technology expert (administer or Help Desk) for you cluster to have them
help you setup your job script or w2web execution script.  Your local IT
expert and you may want to refer to the WIEN2k usersguide as well as the
following two links:

http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/faq/pbs.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg01658.html