[Wien] creating a slab

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Aug 2 06:41:29 CEST 2018

Yes, or at least as far as I currently can tell, I believe support for
CYZ lattices has not been implemented for "x supercell".

I haven't tried it, but my guess is that happens for example with any
space group 38_Amm2 structures (generated by sgroup):

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17648.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15437.html

As I have seen but not tried, a solution to the problem may have been to
convert the CYZ lattice to a primitive (P lattice) using makeprimitive
before using "x supercell" or using instead makesupercell of the octave
structeditor (section 9.29 on page 218 of the WIEN2k 18.2 usersguide [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ]):

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg11050.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg11115.html