[Wien] regarding mixing parameter in hybrid calculations

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:22:20 CEST 2018

Thanks Dr. Tran,

My mistake, the standard value is 0.25!!

Yes, I saw the link you provided (response was on my own queries).

What is advised there is:

"What you get from the optic calculation (the case.epsilon) file is only
the electronic part  (and not even the whole electronic part) of the
dielectric constant."

To get the ionic part of the static dielectric  constant you would need to
do the BERRYPI calculations to get Born effective charges tensors."

Do you have any previous experience on how much the properties may vary if
we avoid the "ionic part of the dielectric constant'?

Thanks and regards