[Wien] volume and atomic position relaxation

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 9 15:50:12 CEST 2018

Probably in one space group certain atom positions can change, whereas they
cannot in the other. I suggest that you use Xcrygen or similar to look at
the positions, and also "x nn" and the BVS (if it is a compound) for both
the initial and final struct.

Without knowing more details I suspect that nobody will be able to answer
you in detail.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Aaron Jung <kangbugy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also calculated the full relaxation for another structure .
>
> For the space group #167, the energy difference is huge.
>
> But for the space group #194, the difference is smaller than #167's one.
>

> Two structure have same the number of atoms; 28 atoms in the structure
> file.
> I don't understand this result. How can I explain for this figure?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Myung-Chul.

> Myung-Chul Jung
>

> Ph. D student