[Wien] Error in Fermi surface for GGA+U+SOC calculations

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 13 09:22:48 CEST 2018

Almost everything is wrong. We have described  this in detail only a few
weeks before. You must search the mailing list.

> x lapw1 -orb -up -p
> x lapw1 -orb -dn -p
> x lapwso -orb -up -p

This would "double count" the orbital potential. In spin-orbit
calculations -orb switch MUST be added ONLY in the lapwso step.

> cp case.outputso_1 case.outputso_1...> case.output1

I don't know which kind of parallel calculation you did. But when it is
k-parallel, you need to concatenate ALL outputsoup_* files into a single
file:
Do a ls -rtals after the lapwso step. What are the names of the files
that have been created. Of course, ALL outputso_* files must be taken.

cat case.outputso_1 case.outputso_2 ... > case.output1

> x lapw2 -so -fermi -p

This is missing a   -up  -so   switch. How should lapw2 know that you
are doing spin-polarized and with spin-orbit otherwise ??