[Wien] how to use optB88-vdW with wien2k-18.1

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 16 21:11:27 CEST 2018

Hi,

The file case.r2v_nlvdw will be generated and used during the
calculation. You don't need to care about it.

The steps for DOS, band structure and optics are exactly the same
as with usual LDA or GGA.

The extra computational time due to NLVDW does not depend on
RKMAX or k-mesh. It depends on the size of the unit cell and on
the value of plane-wave expansion cutoff GMAX in case.innlvdw.

If you don't need to optimize position of atoms in the
unit cell (i.e., no "-min"), then replace "T" by "F" in the
last line of case.innlvdw. This will reduce significantly
the NLVDW computational time.

F. Tran