[Wien] Wien2k installation:siteconfig_lapw

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Aug 17 06:02:34 CEST 2018

It looks like you might have two different problems:

1) tcsh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory <- This usually
indicates that tcsh is not installed.
     - If using Ubuntu, try installing tcsh using: sudo apt install tcsh
     - If using a different Linux distribution, use a search engine
(such as Google) to find out how to install it for your system.

2) The "word too large" should be because the number of sed commands
increased for "alias update_makefiles" in siteconfig. Some systems are
not able to handle the alias with the longer string of commands.  For
example, it works fine for me when using Ubuntu 18.04.  However, the
script fails with the same error using Ubuntu 14.04.  It may be that the
string of sed commands in siteconfig_lapw can be broken into two alias
commands to get it working again for all systems.  Using Ubuntu 18.04,
however, is the solution that I'm using.  I'm transitioning to the newer
Linux distributions since BoltzTraP2 needs Python 3.5 or higher [1]
which may not be available to install with the package manager in older
Linux versions.

[1]
https://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at/forschungsbereich_theoretische_chemie/forschungsgruppen/prof_dr_gkh_madsen_theoretical_materials_chemistry/boltztrap2/