[Wien] Individual energies

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 9 17:43:32 CET 2018

The answer is that you cannot determine individual atom energies, since the
total energy depends upon the eigenvalues of the quasiparticle/orbital
states that are collective, not isolated to individual atoms. The most one
can do is reference to the bulk states to get the chemical potentials.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi