[Wien] Charged cells using hybrid functionals

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Jan 12 03:23:51 CET 2018

In SRC_lapw0/inputpars.F, it looks like SWITCH3 corresponds with putting
either KXC or screened exchange-correlation energy and no
exchange-correlation potential (e.g., EX_SPBE VX_SPBE VX_NONE VC_NONE)
in case.in0_grr.

The message "Charged cell and SWITCH3 not possible", and "Charged cells
AND E-tot decomposition not possible" message that you likely also have
in case.output0_grr, seems to be the same as the post at the link you
provided.  So yes, it seems that hybrid functional calculations for
charged cells is still not possible.