[Wien] Memory in the k-parallel method exceeds NMATMAX ?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 6 11:02:36 CEST 2018

You did not specify the corresponding :RKM values, which lists the
actual matrix size in your calculations.

Two remarks:   the quoted numbers are typical averages with "sensible
RMTs and close-packed structures.

I do not understand / believe the supercell sizes. What is a supercell
with 17 atoms ? How do you create from 10 atoms --> 17 atoms ??

What are your RMT values ???

PS: k-parallel means you are using    n   lapw1  runs, and each of them
requires the same memory. So of course, when running on a single cpu n
k-parallel jobs, you need n times the memory of a single calculation.