[Wien] XSPEC Split question

Tristan de Boer tristan.deboer at usask.ca
Tue Jun 26 18:57:55 CEST 2018

Hi,
I had a brief question about the case.inxs SPLIT parameter. For an L23
absorption edge, experimentally there appears to be a ~23 eV split
between the L3 and L2 edges. This appears to be reflected in the :2P and
:2PP core levels in case.scfc. In this case, to properly calculate the
absorption spectra, should I leave the split parameter to be zero, or
should I change it to reflect the separation of the :2P and :2PP core
levels? From the user's guide I suspect the latter, but I'm not
confident in this interpretation.
Best Regards,
Tristan