[Wien] MoS2 polymer (PVDF) nano-composite dft study

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Fri May 11 08:57:09 CEST 2018

11.05.2018 09:47, Subhasis Panda wrote:
> Can we study MoS2 polymer (PVDF) nano-composite in the purpose of
> resistive switching using Wien2k?

Nobody can answer, because it depends on many factors which only you
know (or should know).
Leaving apart the problem of calculation of the "resistive switching"
itself (I do not know its nature in details), one of the points: WIEN2k
allows to calculate an ordered compound that consists of infinitely
translated cells. The size of the cells and their symmetry are crucial
because of computer facilities. I'd say that if you can simulate your
task with a cell of a hundred atoms - you can consider this further. If
you need much more atoms the calculation is very problematic even in
large computer centers.

Best wishes
Lyudmila Dobysheva
Physics-Techn.Institute,
Udmurt Federal Research Center, Ural Br. of Rus.Ac.Sci.
426000 Izhevsk Kirov str. 132
Russia
---
Tel. +7 (34I2)43-24-59 (office), +7 (9I2)OI9-795O (home)
Skype: lyuka18 (office), lyuka17 (home)
E-mail: lyuka17 at mail.ru (office), lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)