[Wien] Convergence of magnetic moment

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed May 23 15:57:46 CEST 2018

You have to be careful about semantics (language) here. In the user guide
-cc and -ec are referred to as "Charge Convergence" and "Energy
Convergence", but they could better be written as "Charge Consistency" and
"Energy Consistency". The scf iteration will continue until neither
changes, i.e. they are both consistent from one iteration to the next.

If you want to converge the charge and energy (or magnetic moment), then
you need to look at the technical parameters in particular the number of
k-points as well as the oversampling in case.in0. You may also need to
increase RKMAX if you want a converged absolute energy. (Of course accuracy
is another thing as has been mentioned on this list before, and depends
upon the functional.)

Realistically, you have zero magnetic moment in your calculations. Be
humane to electrons: don't worry about the last couple of digits!

(N.B., Peter just emailed a similar response.)

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi