[Wien] Cif2Struct again

William Lafargue-dit-Hauret william.lafargue-dit-hauret at univ-rennes1.fr
Sun May 27 23:23:52 CEST 2018

Dear Sherif,

Just open your cif file using a Notepad or a terminal, and you will see
more than one cell parameters and/or atomic coordinates are present, as
Xavier said.

You can modify it by hand, but I recommend you to use a crystallographic
software to generate it safely (Endavour for example).

Cheers,

William

Le 27/05/2018 à 22:49, Sherif Yehia a écrit :
> Dear users  and expert
>
>  I put question before on how to change cif to struct files   I got
> kindly  help  on changing cif to struct from
>
> Xavier Rocquefelte
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=from:%22Xavier+Rocquefelte%22>
> Tue, 06 Mar 2018
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=date:20180306>
>

> Your cif file contains 3 settings explaining why cif2struct cannot work.
>
> unfortunately  I didn't   understand   what he did to change it to one
> setting   (my mistake)
>

> I am attaching another one for YFe3
>
>  Can I get some help with explanation on how to change .cif to struct
> to work right
>
> Thank you in advance

William LAFARGUE-DIT-HAURET
PhD Student
Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes UMR 6226
Equipe Chimie Théorique Inorganique
Université de Rennes 1 - Campus de Beaulieu
35042 Rennes, France
Building 10B, Desk 211
Phone: +33 (0)2.23.23.57.91
Email: william.lafargue-dit-hauret at univ-rennes1.fr