[Wien] Problem with LDA+U with Core Hole

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Nov 5 14:07:35 CET 2018

>From what you wrote it appears that you are adding the core hole at the
start of the calculation. I suggest that instead you first converge your
supercell as a normal calculation, save it, then add your core hole (or
fractional core hole, e.g. 1/2 for Slater method).

N.B., the background charge is added to case.inm, to my knowledge it is
incorrect to change case.in2(c).

N.N.B., remember that for a spin-polarized calculation you need to do two
calculations, one with a core hole in case.incup and one with a core hold
in case.incdn. You will also need to be careful with telnes since it does
not seem to automatically pickup the case.inc(up/dn) so you have to do it
by hand.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi