[Wien] Upgrade to Wien2k18.2

Subhasis Panda onnyorup.iit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:22:37 CET 2018

Dear Users,

I have downloaded wien2k_18.2 and followed the instructions given in UG for
installation on a desktop PC having core i7 with ubuntu
16.04 operating system, fortran compiler ifort, math libraries MKL. During
site configuring it showed "word too long".  To solve this , I have
replaced "#!/bin/csh -f" with "#!/bin/tcsh -f" in "siteconfig_lapw" file
and have installed tcsh with "sudo apt-get install tcsh" command. Then
"word too long" problem has been resolved and site configuring is done. But
after user configuring, w2web page is not loading. I have found an empty
.bashrc file. At last, I have deleted "w2web.users" and have set new id and
password. Still I am having problem to open w2web.
However on a laptop wien2k17.1 is working fine. Kindly help me.

--

Best regards from,
Dr. Subhasis Panda