[Wien] "OpenBlas" package instead of default "blas"

Ashwani Kumar ashwani.ism at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:14:26 CET 2018

Dear Dr. Pavel,
        My comment about thread load: Processor Monitoring shows 12
CPUs (6 CORES, 12 THREADS) , but 1 is only working at a time. When i
start another WIEN2K session (inspite of already running one session),
then 2nd CPU shows working level 100% (2 session, 2 CPUs ). This means
at max. 12 No. of sessions can be run simultaneously if RAM
availability permits.

I was wondering how to utilized the available CPUs for squeeze out
optimum/max performance out of 12 CPUs. (obviously i m not going to
run 12 sessions at a time)

Thanks for briefing about K-point parallelization. I will install
openblas and will try to make k-point parallelization working after
the current research problem.

Thanks and Regards,
A. Kumar