[Wien] The question about the calculation with the magnetic field

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 10 16:49:45 CEST 2018

Hello Yanli Li,

there ist too little information to really answer your question.

What kind of material are you trying to model (insulator, metal, complex
structure, thin film ...)?

What is the convergence of your calculations (not only ec, cc, but
rkmax, kpoints - especially for metals -, ...) in the parameter that is
different witout field and with zero field?

Did you change (that is lower) symmetry of the structure to apply field,
and did you keep that lower symmetry for the calculation with zero
field?

I expect something related to these questions will explain the
differences you observed.

Best regards,

Martin Pieper

---