[Wien] error in mBJ

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 10 17:19:49 CEST 2018

I should have given more details in my previous email.
What is technically a problem with vacuum is to calculate c
using the average of grad(rho)/rho in the unit cell, because
this average has no real meaning when there is vacuum.
The solution is to manually choose a fixed value of c.

Are the results reliable or not is another question that is
difficult to answer in advance. This depends on the chosen value
of c. A good choice for c may (or may not) be the value that is
obtained for the bulk system that is the most related to your
layered systems.