[Wien] Req. info. about case.inso for BiFeO3

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:10:15 CEST 2018

"ERROR: negative position in rstruc" is typically because there is
something wrong with case.struct file [1].

It commonly happens with hexagonal lattices [2,3].  The cause is
typically a precision or rounding issue [4,5].

"x patchsymm" can sometimes be used to fix the problem [6].

In WIEN2k 18.2, low tolerance values (tol=1.e-4) are used for
symmetry/symmetso.  It may be that you have a unique structure that
leads to problems (it may be that it can be resolved with a higher
tol=1.e-3) [7].

It is likely that nobody can help further unless you provide the
case.struct file.

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09907.html
[2]