[Wien] Formation energy of impurity charge states

SM Alay-e-Abbas alayabbas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:16:23 CEST 2019

--> Since I need to calculate the electrostatic potential, is following
method the correct approach? Is it also correct for spin polarized
calculations?
*For electrostatic potentials you should be using case.vcoul. I don't think
that the magnetic order matters here since there is only one output for
electrostatic potential (*.vcoul). *

--> Create the case.in5 file with the correct plane and number of points to
be calculated
*and s**et ny = 1!*

--> Use “x lapw5 -d” to create the file lapw5.def and then change the unit
9 from “case.clmval” to “case.vtotal”
*for electrostatic potentials, it should be case.vcoul*.

--> Run lapw5 and get the values in case.rho
*The results you should be looking for are in case.rho_onedim*