[Wien] Formation energy of impurity charge states

SM Alay-e-Abbas alayabbas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:25:03 CEST 2019

Dear Professor Laurence Marks,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Will it be better to compute the offset with electrostatic potentials
method for compounds containing small atoms like N, O etc. (special case H)
since only 1S core energies are available in these cases? I through
"preferred method" in JAP 95 (2004) 3851 was based on this fact.  Also
noticed that the core energies comparison method is usually applied when
there are p/d core states available in all the atoms (e.g. PRB 72 (2005)
035211, Chem. Mater.  24 (2012) 2111).

Best Regards,
Alay