[Wien] Need help to generate unit cell for semiconductor heterostructure

Lawal Mohammed mohammedlawal08 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 00:48:03 CEST 2019

Thanks a lot Prof. Laurence Mark  and Delamora.I will study more and report back if there is any problem.
With kind regards.
Lawal

    On Monday, April 29, 2019, 1:27:18 AM GMT+8, Laurence Marks <L-marks at northwestern.edu> wrote:

 To generate such a superstructure you need to work out (aided by experiment) the relevant epitaxial relationship between the two, then create the appropriate nxm 2D semicoherent interface and extend in the third direction to a periodic structure.
This is a complex problem in bicrystallography. If you do not understand the terms above, enter "semi coherent interfaces" into Google and start reading!

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu