[Wien] DFT+U method

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 29 09:16:36 CEST 2019

Hi,

The two settings are not equivalent, but should give quite similar
depending on the case. There is short discussion on that in Sec. III of
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.79.035103

I don't understand your question
"Is the J value does not work when I use the SIC method?"

FT

On Thursday 2019-08-29 08:57, 杨柯 wrote:

>Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 08:57:42
>From: 杨柯 <kyang15 at fudan.edu.cn>
>To: wien <wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
>Subject: [Wien] DFT+U method
>

>Dear Experts,
>
>  I'm testing the DFT+U part right now. I'm a little confused here and hoping one of you could help me out.
>
>The ORB part of Wien2K-Usersguide has a detailed description of the three different methods of LDA+U.
>
>The effective U approach (SIC) is recommended.
>
>The following is an example of the case.inorb file.
>
>---------------- top of file: case.inorb --------------------
>
>1 1 0 nmod, natorb, ipr
>
>PRATT,1.0 mixmod, amix
>
>1 1 2 iatom nlorb, lorb
>
>1 nsic (LDA+U(SIC) used)
>
>0.52 0.0 U J
>
>---------------- bottom of file: --------------------
>
>In this case, the U=0.52 Ry, J=0.0 Ry with Ueff= 0.52 Ry.
>
>if I use U=0.72 Ry, J=0.2 Ry with Ueff= 0.52 Ry.
>
>Those two settings are the same or not.
>
>Is the J value does not work when I use the SIC method?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>--
>
>Yours sincerely,
>
>Ke Yang

>检测语言世界语中文简体中文繁体丹麦语乌克兰语乌兹别克语乌尔都语亚美尼亚语伊博语俄语保加利亚语信德语修纳语僧伽罗语克罗地亚语冰岛
????加利西亚语加泰罗尼亚语匈牙利语南非祖鲁语卡纳达语卢森堡语印地语印尼巽他语印尼爪哇语印尼语古吉拉特语吉尔吉斯语哈萨克语土耳其语塔
????克语塞尔维亚语塞索托语夏威夷语威尔士语孟加拉语宿务语尼泊尔语巴斯克语布尔语(南非荷兰语)希伯来语希腊语库尔德语弗里西语德语意大利
????意第绪语拉丁语拉脱维亚语挪威语捷克语斯洛伐克语斯洛文尼亚语斯瓦希里语旁遮普语日语普什图语格鲁吉亚语毛利语法语波兰语波斯尼亚语波
????语泰卢固语泰米尔语泰语海地克里奥尔语爱尔兰语爱沙尼亚语瑞典语白俄罗斯语科萨科西嘉语立陶宛语索马里语约鲁巴语缅甸语罗马尼亚语老挝
????芬兰语苏格兰盖尔语苗语英语荷兰语菲律宾语萨摩亚语葡萄牙语蒙古语西班牙语豪萨语越南语阿塞拜疆语阿姆哈拉语阿尔巴尼亚语阿拉伯语韩语
????其顿语马尔加什语马拉地语马拉雅拉姆语马来语马耳他语高棉语齐切瓦语
>世界语中文简体中文繁体丹麦语乌克兰语乌兹别克语乌尔都语亚美尼亚语伊博语俄语保加利亚语信德语修纳语僧伽罗语克罗地亚语冰岛语加利西
????语加泰罗尼亚语匈牙利语南非祖鲁语卡纳达语卢森堡语印地语印尼巽他语印尼爪哇语印尼语古吉拉特语吉尔吉斯语哈萨克语土耳其语塔吉克语塞
????维亚语塞索托语夏威夷语威尔士语孟加拉语宿务语尼泊尔语巴斯克语布尔语(南非荷兰语)希伯来语希腊语库尔德语弗里西语德语意大利语意第绪
????拉丁语拉脱维亚语挪威语捷克语斯洛伐克语斯洛文尼亚语斯瓦希里语旁遮普语日语普什图语格鲁吉亚语毛利语法语波兰语波斯尼亚语波斯语泰卢
????语泰米尔语泰语海地克里奥尔语爱尔兰语爱沙尼亚语瑞典语白俄罗斯语科萨科西嘉语立陶宛语索马里语约鲁巴语缅甸语罗马尼亚语老挝语芬兰语
????格兰盖尔语苗语英语荷兰语菲律宾语萨摩亚语葡萄牙语蒙古语西班牙语豪萨语越南语阿塞拜疆语阿姆哈拉语阿尔巴尼亚语阿拉伯语韩语马其顿语