[Wien] WIEN2k_COMPILER issue with WIEN2k 19.1

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Aug 30 04:04:45 CEST 2019

The WIEN2k_COMPILER should not have to preexist before running
siteconfig_lapw.  Actually, it should be created the first time you run
siteconfig_lapw, but it is not generated again after that.  However,
WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE must not exist when it is run for the first time.  It
was mention before that WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE needs to be removed to have
that behavior [1].

Perhaps siteconfig_lapw was ran once but it died or killed prematurely
creating WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE but not yet creating WIEN2k_COMPILER or
maybe WIEN2k_COMPILER was created but something caused it to disappear
from the system.

Deleting WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE and rerunning siteconfig_lapw is likely the
preferred way of getting WIEN2k_COMPILER.

The WIEN2k_COMPILER I have for WIEN2k 19.1 contains three lines:

fortran:ifort
c:icc
parallel:mpiifort

Do you have the three lines in the file you used from WIEN2k 18.2?  If
so, I would expect that to work too without any problems.

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18104.html