[Wien] Any way to do telnes with 1 k-point?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 30 13:31:38 CEST 2019

No.
Telnes works with the tetrahedron method only (has it built in) and by
definition, with one k-point the DOS contains only delta-functions.

My suggestions: use xspec, which for most purposes should be
"equivalent", although fine details will be missing.

For xspec one runs   tetra in order to get the DOS, and this would also
work with one k-point when using some smearing. However, not that you
have to use a meaningful smearing, which probably depends a lot on the
type of states you are problem (small smearing for localized 3d (4f)
PDOS, larger smearing for delocalized PDOS.