[Wien] All cpus are not running for a single calculation

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:46:47 CET 2019

Dear Sir,

          We are running simulation in a work station having 16 cpu. We
have tried to run all the cpu by setting OMP_NUM_THREAD = 2,4,8,16.
However, it is seen that only one cpu is running ( showing 100 % while
typing top command in the terminal)  for a single calculation. If we run 4
calculations together each task is running in a single cpu (total 4 cpu,
showing 100% 100% 100% 100%) . If we want to run all the cpu for a single
calculation (showing 1600% for a single calculation) what should we have to
do?

Any response in this regard will be helpful for us. Thanks in advance.

with regards,

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti