[Wien] 24k points on 36processors ??. (a Fractional k-point per core)

Ashwani Kumar ashwani.ism at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:34:51 CET 2019

Dear Sir,
         Hyper-threading is disabled (just checked with facility expert).
So 12 physical cores per node (intel xeon nehalem based arch.). Available
Memory 4gb/core (48gb/node).
         Lapw1 stops with error "insufficient virtual memory". So i thought
better to use 36 cores for 24k points as extra (48gb) memory will be
available. I am using pbs queuing system (wien2k  V19.1 compiled with
openmpi_parallelization) which generates *.machine file when jobscript
executed. Then how to set the omp_thread in *.machine file.  (jobscript
file attached for your reference).

thanks,
A. kumar