[Wien] In which approach the magnetism is treated in the Wien2k Code ?

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 13 12:22:46 CET 2019

Hi,

please read the user guide (and, probably, a good book on solid state
physics). Wien2k is an all electron code. There is a switch to take into
account the spin degree of freedom for the electrons (spin polarized
calculations). In such a calculation the spin of each electron is taken
into account, regardless of wether its itinerant or localized.

Best regards

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University