[Wien] Fwd: Fwd: Band Edge position

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Dec 21 09:25:13 CET 2019

You might have a look at Eqn (6) in [1].  It looks like that is used as
the E_CB equation in [2].  Look in [3] how pHzpc - pH = 0 in Eqn (1)
simplifies to Eqn (2).

There are three methods to determine band edge positions.  Second method
of first principle has large discrepancies between calculated and
measured values.  Third method of simple approach of Butler and Ginley
used in [1,2] gives reasonable results [4], which validity was
demonstrated on 11 oxides [5,6].  The method popularized by the paper of
Xu and Schoonen [7]. The absolute electronegativity changes with the
atoms and its elements [8,9].

[1] https://doi.org/10.2138/am-2000-0416
[2] http://www.rsc.org/suppdata/cp/c4/c4cp03494e/c4cp03494e1.pdf
[3] http://www.rsc.org/suppdata/c7/cy/c7cy00393e/c7cy00393e1.pdf