[Wien] Band gap calculation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Dec 23 07:02:03 CET 2019

Difference might happen if it not converged [1].  Did you do a k-point
convergence test [2]?

It might depend on the gap you talking about, refer to [3].  If indirect
gap [4], I don't recall how the algorithm that gives the value for the
:GAP for scf* works.  It might be that it is a limitation of the
algorithm.  Someone else might know or remember the algorithm
mechanism.  There is also the source code that you could study yourself
to determine why.

It might also depend on whether you used a shifted or non-shifted k-mesh
[5,6].

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg13466.html
[2]