[Wien] Accept and Deny in w2web configuration

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 26 11:42:44 CET 2019

I believe we have found what looks to be a long-standing error in the
interpretation of host accept and deny lists in w2web, but perhaps I am
just over-interpreting what should be possible according to the user
guide.
1. The use of asterisks in IP masks appears to be working more by chance
than anything else, and only for *.*.*.* as aton() simply returns blank
when it encounters anything non-numeric
2. Using a blanket deny list of e.g. *.*.*.* in combination with a
selective accept list does not work due to the way the conditional
is coded - a hit on the deny list leads to immediate dismissal.

The attached patch for SRC_w2web/bin/w2web converts asterisks to zeroes
before matching, and rewrites the aforementioned conditional.

Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg