[Wien] Memory leak in impi -- please cross-report

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:01:05 CET 2019

Some months ago I reported a severe memory leak in lapw1_mpi with Intel
impi. The leak is present for certain in all 2019 versions, but goes away
if one regresses the version (I use 2015). I know of one other Wien2k user
who has found it, and I recently found it on an AMD test node.

 I reported it to Intel on  11/26/2018 and it is request 03837257. Beyond a
software engineer at Intel verifying it and indicating that it is probably
in impi (which I already knew) it is going nowhere. Perhaps some of you can
cross-report it, maybe this will help.

I strongly suspect that the bug is linked to PDSYGST in seclr4.F. Based
upon my tests this is (with elpa) the road block, as it does not scale with
the number of cores used (i.e. time taken is essentially independent of
cores) for larger problems (e.g. 50K matrix size)

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi