[Wien] Issues with parallel runs

Matthew D Redell mredell1 at binghamton.edu
Thu Jan 10 19:00:09 CET 2019

Hello,

I am running WIEN2k_2018.2 on CentOs7 and have come across the following problem that I cannot seem to resolve.

After successfully initializing the calculation and setting up the .machines for a single host (local workstation), I run: run_lapw -p

lapw0 ends fine, but the lapw1 returns
bash: mpirun: command not found

The same error occurs if I just try
x lapw1 -p

However, which mpirun
returns
/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.1.144/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpirun

I also did a little troubleshooting to see if I could run lapw1 in parallel via
mpirun -n 4 lapw1_mpi lapw1_1.def

which ran without any issues. Also, checking more…
grep MPIRUN $WIENROOT/WIEN2k_OPTIONS
returns
current:MPIRUN:mpirun -np _NP_ -machinefile _HOSTS_ _EXEC_

So, the only possibility I am able to deduce is that either the run_lapw script or the lapw1para script is not locating the mpirun command, but I do not know how to begin sorting out this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Matt

Matthew D Redell
Graduate Student/Teaching Assistant
Department of Physics, Applied Physics, and Astronomy
Binghamton University-State University of New York
E-mail: mredell1 at binghamton.edu
Office: SN-2011D