[Wien] somethint about the symmetry in the struct file

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Jan 16 05:12:04 CET 2019

Sounds like something you could find out for yourself by doing a simple
test:

1. Run it like normal
2. Run it with your change to the local rotation matrix in case.struct
3. Compare the result (or check it using one of the two ways described
in Appendix A "Local rotation matrices" on page 247 in the WIEN2k 18.2
usersguide [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ])

However, if you don't know what you are doing the program could give you
GIGO [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out ] or crash.

Though, from following the mailing list Nettiquette [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/mailing_list/ ], you probably
read it already that it is not recommend to change the symmetry matrix
from "x symmetry" unless you know what your doing [
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2007-August/009618.html
,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00181.html
].