[Wien] N1s binding energy in TiN

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 17 09:28:57 CET 2019

Sorry for the confusion. The quoted values in the pdf are probably from
a lousy calculation and are ment only to demonstrate the effect (if I
remember correctly, only a 4x bigger P supercell, but for sure not
converged, I also don't remember which functional, ....) and only
accidentally match experiment.

My general experience is that core-eigenvalues (taken with respect to EF
!!) are 10-15% off, while slater TS gives 1-2 %, i.e. an order of
magnitude better.